Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Onion Rings

A wise person once said, "Life is like an onion. It has lots of layers and sometimes it makes you cry." That statement so describes my past weekend.

Sometimes you think you've dealt with things in your past. Finished. Ovah! Kaput! Then.... something happens that just rips the scab off the wound. Wounds that you would have sworn were healed. To say that I have some complicated family relationships would be the understatement of the year. I spent a lot of time with some family I haven't seen in a long time and it was weird and good simultaneously.

Instead of letting it derail me, I'm going to view this whole thing as God's using the situation to do an even deeper healing. To completely put stuff to bed. To view these relationships in a new way in new place of maturity.

Onion Rings, anyone? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment