Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Year's Thoughts

Geez, can you believe that we're at the end of another year? Another decade for Heaven's sake! That's just freaky beyond belief. In 2000, I was a new mom and just into my thirties.

Dayum! LOL

So what have I learned this year? I've learned that I need to continue my efforts to take better care of me. I need to be a better steward of my emotional health as well as my physical health. I'm not journaling (here or anywhere else) nearly as much as I should be. Putting words down has always been a powerful tool for me. It helps me to work out stuff. I need to get back to that.

Welcome 2011. I'm a healthy, happy 42yo mom of a gorgeous 11yo girl. I have a great job that I like (most days) and I have a terrific husband who loves me. I have many more blessings than my hands or heart can hold. God is so good.

I want to keep my priorities straight and make sure I put my own needs on that list. As a woman, I'm a caregiver. Just need to make sure that some of that care trickles down to me. :)

Here's wishing all of you a healthy, happy and safe New Year. May God richly bless you with all you need and a big ole dose of what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment